Discover the study engineer: roles, educational background, skills, salary,…
If no offer is available at the moment when you’re browsing the job advertisements, please do not hesitate to leave us a spontaneous application.
The study engineer, in the context of embedded systems engineering activities, intervenes on all phases of projects’ life cycle:
- Tender study, technical solutions proposal, quotation
- Project management, team coordination, clients and suppliers relationships
- Participation in the development phase
He usually reports to a design center director and works in coordination with business managers as well as technical experts of his company.
Another name for the job: electronics project manager.
Become a study engineer
To become a study engineer, it is necessary to have an electronic engineer master degree or equivalent, and to have a strong experience in project management and development.
The required skills for a study engineer are numerous and various:
- Digital electronics : Microcontrollers, FPGA, microprocessors, DSP, DDR Memories, Flash, eMMC…
- Analog electronics : packaging, filtering, amplification, acquisition
- Specification, design, test and tuning
- Project management : specification, quotation, planning management, qualification, testing/deliveries
Added to these required skills, complementary skills are appreciated:
- RF/HF electronics: frequency synthesis, filtering, modulation
- Software development: C, C++
- FPGA development in VHDL
To succeed in such a position, in addition to the technical skills, it is necessary to be autonomous, to be a source of proposals, be a committed person and enjoy team work.
Study engineer salary
In general, in France, a senior engineer earns more than 35K€ a year. This obviously depends on his educational background, position, experience, activity area etc.
Study engineer job
ELSYS Design recruits in France in the cities of Paris, Rennes, Nantes, Grenoble, Lyon, Aix en Provence, Nice Sophia Antipolis and Toulouse. You can see the offers on our jobs board.
If no offer is available at the moment when you’re browsing the job advertisements, please do not hesitate to leave us a spontaneous application, it will be systematically processed.